Saturday, March 21, 2015

Week 4 Creative Practice


Hospitals take away a person’s power.  How dehumanizing to be restricted of every little thing we take for granted , when or if we eat or drink wearing an arm band with a medical record number on it and maybe even a bar code to be scanned  before medicine administration. Having our backside exposed from the opening gap in the back.  Wellness comes at a price we are all willing to pay, but when adding the component of Art in Medicine it sweetens up the deal with a touch of humanity.
This is the beginning of  my background 16" x 20" canvas covered with acrylic paint and pieces of watercolor paper glued on with Mod Podge. This will be the resting place for all my creative collage entries, I have already put several layers on it and my grandchildren seem to be impressed. Any time I  gain their pre teenage attention, I am feeling pretty good about what's being creating.

The power of vulnerability. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability



My doodles while waiting for my husband to have a medical procedure, soon to be introduced to my growing collage.
By the way, I brought my own art supplies as I did not find any in the waiting room. Hint Hint

No comments:

Post a Comment