Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week 5 Creative Practice

Cultural Diversity 


My earliest memories of being different regarding my cultural background take me back to my child hood. I was every bit of ten years old and so excited to go on a family vacation. It was actually a reunion of my father’s WWII infantry division held in Miami Beach in a fancy hotel.  Coming from a rural background this is how I viewed it; yes they even had a swimming pool which I was dying to get in. Total ecstasy consumed me as I swam around in my black and white checked two piece bathing suite with a pleated white skirt attached.  Making friends with two girls from the North, I was anxious to talk about the kind of things ten year old girls talk about. We started to communicate and they noticed my very southern accent and began to mock me and made fun. Suddenly my dream vacation came to an end, I didn’t know what to do or say.  That was my very first exposure to cultural differences but obviously it made a big impression because I never forgot it. 

By the time I finish with my collage it will extremely DIVERSE

as I continue to add  on my renderings weekly.

Promoting Health Equity and Patient Centered Care

No comments:

Post a Comment