Saturday, April 11, 2015

Week 6 Creative Practice

 

My collage is becoming very textural and gaining some weight. My sacred place is some where between the first dip of the paint brush and the aroma of the art supply combustion in my  nostrils in my very small studio space . I see my art piece as story telling.

 

While trying to seek order and design elements with  this piece I see an unfolding of passion and understanding of why Art is important to the human race and why it is important to me as it heals me down to my core.The text and designs reminds me of where I have been in this travel of Art in Medicine and where I hope to go. There are a few more layers to go before I finish.  Who knows this may be one of those pieces I never finish just as the quest for art and meaning in life, there is always another level of the satisfaction seeker. 


                              Dissanayake, E. (1988). What is art for? Seattle: University of Washington Press.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment