Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Practicum Baptist Health

 Say Hello to Eleanor my Trusty Art Cart.

 The Label in the front reads" The Care Cart" and on the side it reads Eleanor . My cart is named Eleanor as it was purchased for me by a previous patient named Eleanor.

The patient story that honors Eleanor is most special to me.  I talked with this patient for a considerable length of time regarding her medical diagnosis, mental withdrawal from treatment and desire to give up fighting for her life. Subsequently, according to the patient and her husband that conversation caused her to make a direct turn around in how she viewed her illness and changed her outlook completely. The reason this is a special story is that neither I nor she remembers exactly what was said that made such a difference. As a woman of faith, I believe divine intervention was the catalysis, which only reinforces more profoundly that nursing is a spiritual calling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment