Sunday, May 29, 2016

B. Career Timeline




 WOW areas of my working life that are pertinent to me include lack of exercise.


Orem positions “the self-initiated and self-directed actions of persons to know their current and future requirements for regulating their own functioning and development and to select and use means to meet these requirements in order to sustain life and to promote health and well-being.” This philosophy helps me to understand that regulation of my objectives are within only my control. I have to own my commitments, even with the loss of other activities in my life. I sometimes feel like a juggler trying to catch falling balls before they hit the floor and my health suffers when I do not pace myself appropriately and pay attention to my body. I have to regulate how many balls I have in the air in order to function at a optimal level.


My career timeline ranges from selling Wishbone Fried Chicken to Clinical Care Coordinator and Nurse Manger . The reoccurring themes in my career time line demonstrates that I can teach stress management and the ways of wellness all day long but when it comes to practicing what I preach I fail miserably. My strength in the workplace is that I have tenacity.

When physical fatigue sets in I eventually recognized it but try to cover it up with another cup of coffee. A reoccurring theme in my career is coming home dead tired leaving no energy for anything else, that is one reason I choose to work a three day week. I’m at a crossroad at this time in my life that an adjustment must be made for my health sake and I pledge to make some lifestyle changes starting with scheduled exercise.

Reference
Orem, D. E., Renpenning, K. M. L., & Taylor, S. G. (2003). Self Care Theory in Nursing: Selected Papers of Dorothea Orem. New York: Springer Pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment