Sunday, May 8, 2016

Week 1 - Journal Prompt Postings



JOURNAL POSTINGS Week 1 

Completing the Warwick and Edinburgh Wellness Scale rendered me a score of average with 50 points. Looks like I have plenty of growing room. Reflective of the Wheel of Wellness I will begin my journey of creating a journal containing five divisions of interest and may add others as my self care travel continues.

                                                    FAMILY AND FRIENDS
May 6, 2016, 
Mothers Day Celebration with Family  
Today I find myself in a very sweet spot. Two of my grandchildren are with me this morning sharing their love with me. Age 1 and 3 years old, every time I see them I am amazed to see how much they have learned since the last time I was with them. The reason for their presences is a Mother’s Day Luau planned for tomorrow when my other grandchildren arrive with their parents. I am doing art interventions with my three-year-old this morning. We are painting a wooden cutout flower for a Mother’s Day present. 

May 7, 2016,
All the family has now arrived . In preparation for the celebration of our  Mothers Day Luau , we had previously taken a boat trip to harvest old palm fronds off a small island. We returned from the boat trip with palm fronds  to make a tribal mask using acrylic paints. Pictured below . The four children's ages were from 6 yrs. to 13yrs. We created the tribal mask from the palm fronds using the end that grows closest to the tree trunk to make eyes.  Just look at their creativity below and we had such a fun time together.




FUN AND LEISURE
 For our Mother’s Day Luau Celebration we created a Tribal totem pole with our Palm Frond masks. Island music and burning torches and children jumping into and out of the swimming pool . I have been preparing food all week in anticipation of this night. Skewers with colorful veggies and shrimp. Watermelon,cantaloupe, pineapple,coconuts and key lime pie. Six children and seven adults a  house full of exotic Hawaii influence. My neighbor even gave me a cardboard hula girl to hang on the door. We celebrated, ate, and loved each other .





May  8, 2016  
Finally, all have gone home. What a Mother’s Day Festivity. This Mother is exhausted. My husband told me he thought it was a success, and so did I.

HEALTH AND EXERCISE  poor progress this week and to add to this lack of progress  my Fitbit broke . The area of exercise needs more attention from me in the coming weeks. 

SPIRITUALITY poor example this week , will work on my sacred space next week . 

RESILENCE  in the form of how an individual may adapt to stress is exemplified in my case by more aches and pains.  I realized that good stress may be defined as a wedding and bad stress as a divorce, but the body doesn’t know the difference stress is stress.  I tend to have more aches and pains when I am stressed. I plan to incorporate a stretch or massage program  during this self-care course to see if I can reduce some of this discomfort.
 

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
                                                       Aldous Huxley


No comments:

Post a Comment